5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting compound

Leviathon133

Reaction score
First post yayyyy,

So i recently bought a 19 CC 1500 black diamond crystal color. It was a rental so of course some chips and scratches to be expected so I attempted to make the most of it, areas are mainly around the bed. The scratches are BARRREELYYYYY catching my finger nail, save for 1 or 2. I get it with the usual 2 bucket wash, clay bar, machine compound and wax afterwards. I used the new turtle wax graphene 1 step compound and wax with a griots orange pad then red pad. It definitely helped, but i still have some scratches. Do i need to up the compound to a dedicated cut? different pad? both? Its been a minute since i detailed anything so dusting it off.

Any help is much appreciated

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is what I used
7b833413822242272fa858b82df7ba7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just use a standard foam buffing pad. But a different one for each compound.

If it’s a deeper scratch I’ll get a small bottle of cutting compound and work it by hand. Then use the machine over it with these compounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

get yourself a griots Microfiber pad and use the griots compound shown in an earlier post. you'll need to finish with a soft foam pad (usually black color) and polish as well.

Leviathon133

Reaction score

get yourself a griots Microfiber pad and use the griots compound shown in an earlier post. you'll need to finish with a soft foam pad (usually black color) and polish as well.
Ive already got the orange griots pad and the red wax pad, Ill add some more pads to the list. I actually dont have much experience using the griots compounds, do they stack up to stuff like sonax, megs detailer compound, etc?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive already got the orange griots pad and the red wax pad, Ill add some more pads to the list. I actually dont have much experience using the griots compounds, do they stack up to stuff like sonax, megs detailer compound, etc?
the griots compound is a good mid range compound. I use that and sonax polish. both are great products.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Try this guy out…been a godsend for me when it comes to taking care of the paint..watching this video gave me confidence I can do wet sanding for scratches myself:

Users who are viewing this thread