5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customizing the emblem

DeV

Reaction score
I’m right there with you. Went with bronze for mine to match the wheels. Just gotta find some time to put them on.
Looks good man...came out a bit cleaner than mine. If I were to redo it, I would try to get a cleaner look inside the letters by not getting the chrome color on the interior sides of the letters...
Either way, I think I'm going to stop being so picky and indecisive and just order the clear effex and 2k...

I do need to see if I have any other projects around that could use the 2k clear since it's a 48-hour can once you pop the mix...lol

DeV

Reaction score
I like the contrast, especially the eyes really brings them out. ive been thinking about doing something similar, did you tape it all off carefully and paint or are those decals?
It was all tape and spray....the only decals I would have used would have been my other concepts that I was considering with the Guts. Glory. Ram theme in kanji and symbols...

Attachments

• guts glory ram kanji.png
    guts glory ram kanji.png
    503.9 KB · Views: 95
  • guts glory ram.png
    guts glory ram.png
    641.5 KB · Views: 94

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was all tape and spray....the only decals I would have used would have been my other concepts that I was considering with the Guts. Glory. Ram theme in kanji and symbols...
nice!

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Looks good man...came out a bit cleaner than mine. If I were to redo it, I would try to get a cleaner look inside the letters by not getting the chrome color on the interior sides of the letters...
Either way, I think I'm going to stop being so picky and indecisive and just order the clear effex and 2k...

I do need to see if I have any other projects around that could use the 2k clear since it's a 48-hour can once you pop the mix...lol
I used vinyl overlays for the letters, just taped off the background of the ram emblem. The rest I painted whole then ordered the overlays from Etsy.

mike90

Reaction score
Is it hard to remove the tailgate ram head emblem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeV

Reaction score
Finished the emblem up with a gloss coat....just need to find my heat gun so I can install it

Attachments

• emblem.jpg
    emblem.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 44

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finished the emblem up with a gloss coat....just need to find my heat gun so I can install it
How did you wet sand all those angles to get it that smooth?

Users who are viewing this thread