5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Sub-Woofer Box

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
Afternoon All

So Some people might think I’m ridicules. I upgraded the sound system from the 13 speaker HK system and swapped out the doors speakers and tweeters for Rockford Fosgate component speakers and two shallow mount RF 10’ subs.

Now the subs are where I’m in a pickle..I was think of building a box but I’m also leaning towards getting a box built. Anyone have any recommendations?

I’ll post pics in a little bit of the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox accoustics makes a prefab dual 10" box. It's a decent design. Just Google it.

I made one, but had space requirements to fit in the factory underseat storage system. This severely limits your available volume and the only subs I could find that worked were the JL 10TW1.

Attachments

• 20190511_110120.jpg
    20190511_110120.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190511_111231.jpg
    20190511_111231.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 86

Lize

Reaction score
I don't know anything about audio so always interested in posts to learn things.
Have you seen this thread which shows building of box to specific volume for 12" subs?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fox accoustics makes a prefab dual 10" box. It's a decent design. Just Google it.

I made one, but had space requirements to fit in the factory underseat storage system. This severely limits your available volume and the only subs I could find that worked were the JL 10TW1.
How does this sound?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like 2 x10" subs! :). Pretty dang good considering. Like all 10s, they lack a little on the really low stuff (20-30hz), but overall it's an amazing upgrade from the stock system.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score

I actually ordered a box from the 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing! I emailed them yesterday and still have yet to see a response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Like 2 x10" subs! :). Pretty dang good considering. Like all 10s, they lack a little on the really low stuff (20-30hz), but overall it's an amazing upgrade from the stock system.
I like that setup as I would want mine to only take up the under seat storage space as well

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like that setup as I would want mine to only take up the under seat storage space as well
Yeah it actually turned out better than I thought it was going to. Just take your time. If you're good with a saw and plan, it's not too bad. Start with the base first, then build it vertically. Once you have the footprint you can take the rest in pieces. There's some tricky angles and I wasn't perfect on all of them, but a couple sanders and construction adhesive can make up for errors.

Here's a picture before the top was put on.

Attachments

• 20190510_171341.jpg
    20190510_171341.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 39

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yeah it actually turned out better than I thought it was going to. Just take your time. If you're good with a saw and plan, it's not too bad. Start with the base first, then build it vertically. Once you have the footprint you can take the rest in pieces. There's some tricky angles and I wasn't perfect on all of them, but a couple sanders and construction adhesive can make up for errors.

Here's a picture before the top was put on.
Do you have a full write up of your build? Did you just unhook the factory sub and use these in place of with a separate amp?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a full write up of your build? Did you just unhook the factory sub and use these in place of with a separate amp?
I don't have a write up but the details of what I have are in my signature. Using the PAC Amppro for the signal. Unplugged factory sub! No need to have it if you are running aftermarket.

Only thing I can think of that would be nice is for ANC, but I don't think there is a way to do it without it getting an audio signal like everything else. And then it sounds like garbage in comparison to the JLs.

Users who are viewing this thread