5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom dual exhaust add 18hp?

768mph

Reaction score
Anybody ever heard or been to Kinney’s performance exhaust? They claim a kit they made provides an extra 18hp.

Sounds good though.

sgk

Reaction score
yup you're right, sounds nice, not sure if it's too loud. Its just to hard to compare different exhaust with videos.
18hp sounds like a lot for an exhaust but if it does even better but I'd purchase an exhaust for the look and sound and if it gives any additional HP then its a bonus.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Can't say that I have, Looks like a quality system. with the actual dual pipes into a nice looking y pipe. I would think There cliams of 18 HP could be justified. I personally like the more subdued mellow system with the factory resonators and tips. But I'm old.

768mph

Reaction score
Can't say that I have, Looks like a quality system. with the actual dual pipes into a nice looking y pipe. I would think There cliams of 18 HP could be justified. I personally like the more subdued mellow system with the factory resonators and tips. But I'm old.

I agree on both accounts.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They don’t do online orders, if you want one and aren’t near them prepare to travel sadly..

Kidder

Reaction score
The horsepower numbers are total BS. I have a friend who has purchased two exhausts from them. One for his 370Z and one for his Titan. Both are top quality and sound really good. They are highly recommended. If I were to buy an exhaust, I would definitely go there. It helps that I am in the metroplex.

PorBoy

Reaction score
So just so I get this straight, the numbers aren’t true, but the build quality is worth going for correct ?

Kidder

Reaction score
So just so I get this straight, the numbers aren’t true, but the build quality is worth going for correct ?
Yes, their quality is outstanding. Performance gains? Made up. They aren't putting vehicles on a dyno before and after. So, it is hype. I imagine it will increase numbers but to what, no idea.

PorBoy

Reaction score
See that’s how it is around here minus the custom piping. They build you based upon what they have in the shop their version of a custom set up. Then tell you it’s freeing up more horsepower that you can feel in the seat of your pants. Ummmmm, about that lol. :)

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's bs. They're just pipes... if it were a ridiculous amount of pressure coming out then it would make a difference but u can have any muffler shop make you a dual exhaust with a quality X pipe or what ever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread