5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crooked steering wheel

peroxide

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? Similar to other people I just got home from an alignment and the steering wheel is slightly off-center. Coming from the jeep world I figured I could just crawl under with a wrench and adjust it myself… Needless to say, I was immediately humbled by my lack of understanding about, all of the new technology in this.

For example… What in the world is active air dampening…

I will probably take it back to the shop and get them to make the slight adjustment, but I’m genuinely curious how I could do this myselfIf
Yes, I took it back to the shop. They said it was off and corrected it. It is 99% perfect. I think the truck follows the pitch of the road so I had to find a flat stretch of road to test it. I bought one of those lifetime alignments so that helped. Also make sure the use Hunter equipment and the WinToe feature.

I did look it up and you can adjust the tie rod ends. There is a video on YouTube about an automotive instructor doing an alignment on a 5th gen Ram, but this was just easier.

Users who are viewing this thread