5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab Folding Flat Floor

Wpg_BigHorn

Reaction score
So I have a 19 crew cab big horn with a solid folding back seat ... my 2010 had the folding flat floor under the 60/40 split back seat. It seems easy enough to install into mine. Anyone by any chance have a list of part #s or where to look? Wrecker diving hasn’t paid off yet. Also while you lovely internet ram folks are helping out, the old truck I had had the quad cab ... does the crew cabs have a folding floor that extends all the way ? Would be way nicer for my pupper to have a solid floor than one just part way. Thank you for the help!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 2019 Classic, or the All-New Ram 1500 (DT)? The All-New Ram does not have, nor need, the folding flat-floor, as the cab floor is now flat (no center hump). If you have the 1500 Classic, check out this link for the appropriate part numbers.

Last edited:

Wpg_BigHorn

Reaction score
Are you talking about the 2019 Classic, or the All-New Ram 1500 (DT)? The All-New Ram does not have, nor need, the folding flat-floor, as the cab floor is now flat (no center hump). If you have the 1500 Classic, check out this link for the appropriate part numbers.

Thank you for the info ! The link really helps ! :)

LouNY

Reaction score

Interesting, I just picked up a 2019 Larime and I'm looking for a flat fold like I had in my 2015 Bighorn.
The rear under seat storage with the flat fold floor worked good in the 2015 I had storage and it would fold flat to cover the storage and provide a flat floor.
The 2019 may have a flat floor but no place to store straps and tools and cover them.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer a folding floor on my '20 as well. If you use under seat storage, and I do, the amount of space available to put stuff on the floor is reduced by 10" or so, The folding floor would be on top of that storage, as it was on my Gen4 Laramie. If there was an aftermarket way of installing one I would seriously consider it.

bmillersc

Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer a folding floor on my '20 as well. If you use under seat storage, and I do, the amount of space available to put stuff on the floor is reduced by 10" or so, The folding floor would be on top of that storage, as it was on my Gen4 Laramie. If there was an aftermarket way of installing one I would seriously consider it.
I agree. I miss the fold out flat floor I had in my 2017 RAM. My mew RAM 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD has underseat storage with a short wall that runs along the length of the rear seat to keep stuff in that space. The problem is that when I lift the seats up there is no longer a cover that then unfolds and creates a flat surface for almost the entire width and length of the second row like my 2017 had. For me this is a problem because I need the flat surface to put my dog crate in/on. With the cover/fold open flat surface it isn’t wide enough for me to put the crate in flat. I wish I could find something that would solve this problem. Open to any/all suggestions. Thanks.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I miss the fold out flat floor I had in my 2017 RAM. My mew RAM 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD has underseat storage with a short wall that runs along the length of the rear seat to keep stuff in that space. The problem is that when I lift the seats up there is no longer a cover that then unfolds and creates a flat surface for almost the entire width and length of the second row like my 2017 had. For me this is a problem because I need the flat surface to put my dog crate in/on. With the cover/fold open flat surface it isn’t wide enough for me to put the crate in flat. I wish I could find something that would solve this problem. Open to any/all suggestions. Thanks.
I have considered making a false floor that would need to be put in and out...not fold. My rear seats are up 90% as they were in my '15 so I may just do it. A folding one is also possible with a little but I'm kind of lazy these days.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear that you secure your pup...nothing worse that seeing someone driving down the road with a pup on their lap with the pup sticking its head out the window..you would be suprised how many dogs are killed or injured when someone needs to slam on thier brakes...i have seen it ! and if you love your pet why would u chance it? Well some dogs are smart that people🤣

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
I prefer the flat floor in my new truck. The fold out storage bracket gives me more under seat storage than my 18 had because the sub woofer ate up 60% of the under seat storage.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never cared for the fold flat floor on my 2014. You had to flip it up and down and folding made the floor higher so my dog had a hard time jumping that high. I much prefer the flat load floor on the 5thgen along with the optional storage bin.

Lighthawk

Reaction score
Good to hear that you secure your pup...🤣
We also secure our pup with a RUFFWEAR harness. We call it her "tactical vest". lol
Our crew cab has a child seat webbing loop in the middle and I use a sling of 1" webbing and a carabiner to clip in the pooch when we drive paved roads. Every one of our vehicles has a sling and clip in location now.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We also secure our pup with a RUFFWEAR harness. We call it her "tactical vest". lol
Our crew cab has a child seat webbing loop in the middle and I use a sling of 1" webbing and a carabiner to clip in the pooch when we drive paved roads. Every one of our vehicles has a sling and clip in location now.
Good to hear! We do the same! This is our lion dog Baaya..Rhodesian Ridgeback..shes 5 weeks pregnant

Attachments

• 20210428_101642.jpg
    20210428_101642.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210525_111744.jpg
    20210525_111744.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 30

black_panther

Reaction score
Good to hear! We do the same! This is our lion dog Baaya..Rhodesian Ridgeback..shes 5 weeks pregnant
Have any pics of how you secure your two RR's in the back? Any pics of how you 'protect' the cab from their hair? We've got one RR and bringing home the second soon.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have any pics of how you secure your two RR's in the back? Any pics of how you 'protect' the cab from their hair? We've got one RR and bringing home the second soon.
Well i have not got my truck yet..sitting in the storage yard at the factory waiting on the train ride. But in my 4runner i have a seat proctect blanket the clips to the head rests front and back so it stays in place and keep all the hair and dirt mud on the blanket. I will see what brand it was. I work double shifts today and tomorrow, so i will respond this weekend
Here a updated photo, the pup is only 10 month and alraed out growing our 3 year old..she gonna be every bit of 120lbs

Attachments

• Resized_20220310_170641.jpeg
    Resized_20220310_170641.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 15

taningray

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Classic folding flat floor will bolt in a Gen 5? I have a 2015 Laramie Longhorn with the folding flat floor and use it constantly, I would lke to have one installed in my 2020, I like the height of the floor and the fact that I can store things under it as well.

LouNY

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Classic folding flat floor will bolt in a Gen 5? I have a 2015 Laramie Longhorn with the folding flat floor and use it constantly, I would lke to have one installed in my 2020, I like the height of the floor and the fact that I can store things under it as well.
Nope doesn't fit

deepc6

Reaction score
I saw a few on Etsy.
We recently got another Cane Corso so I guess I want flexibility of a partial fold flat floor.
Has anyone made their own 60/40 fold flat floors?

KyleMills

Reaction score
I just bought a 2024 Ram 2500 Big Horn and wanted the fold flat floor, took a chance on a 60/40 off EBay that came off a 09-18 Ram 1500 Crew and it Bolted right into my 24 Ram 2500, got both sides for $275 with shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4381.jpeg
    IMG_4381.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4380.jpeg
    IMG_4380.jpeg