5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew cab behind the seat subwoofer box

Otto

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten to death for under the rear seats of Crew cabs but I'm wondering if anybody has successfully built a wedge-style box for behind the seats in the crew cab? The factory HK is back there so there has to be some space back there.

Anybody attempted or torn their backseat apart to take any measurements?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten to death for under the rear seats of Crew cabs but I'm wondering if anybody has successfully built a wedge-style box for behind the seats in the crew cab? The factory HK is back there so there has to be some space back there.

Anybody attempted or torn their backseat apart to take any measurements?
Sorry, no measurements. This is the factory sub in my Rebel, pretty tight back there, doubt that a wedge with any decent volume would fit.

Attachments

• IMGP7306 1600.jpg
    IMGP7306 1600.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Otto

Reaction score
Yeah I knew it would be a tight fit. May have to just bite the bullet and build a box, see what airspace I end up and match subs as best I can to the space.

Or just go under the seats like a rational person.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if your good with fibreglass you could probably build a box, but with mdf you’d have very little volume in the box once you factor in the thickness need for the board. Factory box is thin plastic with reinforcing ribs.

Otto

Reaction score
Fiberglass has crossed my mind. The attached picture looks like the driver's side has some space to work with. What's the depth that's there it's looking like the tw5 from JL might be the only option as it has a 2 and 5/8 in mounting depth.

Might be able to squeeze out a little bit more volume using a well braced 5/8 MDF box but that might be pushing it.

Looks like a couple sheets of hard foam insulation might be coming home with me to make up some fiberglass forms.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fiberglass has crossed my mind. The attached picture looks like the driver's side has some space to work with. What's the depth that's there it's looking like the tw5 from JL might be the only option as it has a 2 and 5/8 in mounting depth.

Might be able to squeeze out a little bit more volume using a well braced 5/8 MDF box but that might be pushing it.

Looks like a couple sheets of hard foam insulation might be coming home with me to make up some fiberglass forms.
Do you have an Etorque ? If so that's where the battery goes ( behind the rear drivers side seat ) . If not then there's enough room to fit the battery so a box that size would fit .

Users who are viewing this thread