5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a plan: OPINIONS WANTED!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2019 rebel. Aside from a couple of minor technical issues (FCA you SOB's) I'm really loving it. However, I'm slightly underwhelmed with the Bilstein suspension setup. I understand they probably chose it knowing that the large majority of rebel owners would only ever go to the grocery store and maybe drive on a dirt road or two. So, I'm looking for some upgrade ideas. Ideally, I wouldn't lift the truck any more than about an inch and a half from where it is. As for performance, I want it to be about 75 or 80% Ford Raptor. That is to say I want to be able to bomb down trails and do a little crawling without cringing but I don't need to win Baja races or throw 50 foot jumps. Ideas?

SColang22

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2019 rebel. Aside from a couple of minor technical issues (FCA you SOB's) I'm really loving it. However, I'm slightly underwhelmed with the Bilstein suspension setup. I understand they probably chose it knowing that the large majority of rebel owners would only ever go to the grocery store and maybe drive on a dirt road or two. So, I'm looking for some upgrade ideas. Ideally, I wouldn't lift the truck any more than about an inch and a half from where it is. As for performance, I want it to be about 75 or 80% Ford Raptor. That is to say I want to be able to bomb down trails and do a little crawling without cringing but I don't need to win Baja races or throw 50 foot jumps. Ideas?
To get it where your talking about your still looking at a few thousand dollars. I haven't seen any companies with coil overs or anything out yet for the 19's and nothing that will get our drivetrains there yet either.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Hello all,

You and me both. For the moment I’m stuck with a level and a pulsar lol

RamSco

Reaction score
Hello all,

Have you looked into the Mopar lift? I know you said you wanted 1" and it's 2" from a standard suspension which should put you about 1” above your current height. It uses Fox coil overs and shocks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread