5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked/leaking manifold's question......

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I know it happens, I can read all the threads here and all the mechanics complaining on Youtube but what is the cause? It can't be a simple thermal cycling issue because then why don't all V8's have this issue? I've had many cars in my lifetime, some V8's (and a couple in particular with much higher HP than these RAM's) and never a cracked manifold OR header. Yet this seems to be common with the RAM's? What am I missing here? Is it possible that the engine mounts are too soft, allowing the engine to twist under hard acceleration? I wonder if polyurethane mounts would help stiffen things up? Clutching at straws here because I fear mine is leaking too, and likely been leaking for years....... :(

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I just got both mine replaced on my 2021 yesterday.
The tech advisor told me the new ones have an upgraded bolt or mounting of some sort to avoid this in the future.
I got mine replaced at 36k as both were shot, but I’d say I have been dealing with it since like 30-32k miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online