5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corsa Performance Catback Res Delete

willogical

Reaction score
I ordered my Corsa Performance (Xtreme) exhaust roughly 7 months ago -- got it a few weeks ago because it was on backorder. I ordered the res delete to make it the Xtreme.

Yesterday, I took it to install at a local truck performance shop in my area (Miami, FL) and was told post-install that the res delete pipe that came with my order was too short ("It didn't fit") so they used the stock pipe which fit, according to him. My question for those that know more than me, because I'm a little ignorant: if they didn't use the res delete that I had ordered, does it mean that my exhaust is currently quieter? The Corsa sounds beautiful on a cold start but it sounds pretty idle when I'm driving.

If this is the case, is there anything I can do about this? I remember reading a thread I couldn't find about plugging some holes in the resonator, or something along those lines.

Appreciate the help, everyone.

JVS0302

Reaction score
I ordered my Corsa Performance (Xtreme) exhaust roughly 7 months ago -- got it a few weeks ago because it was on backorder. I ordered the res delete to make it the Xtreme.

Yesterday, I took it to install at a local truck performance shop in my area (Miami, FL) and was told post-install that the res delete pipe that came with my order was too short ("It didn't fit") so they used the stock pipe which fit, according to him. My question for those that know more than me, because I'm a little ignorant: if they didn't use the res delete that I had ordered, does it mean that my exhaust is currently quieter? The Corsa sounds beautiful on a cold start but it sounds pretty idle when I'm driving.

If this is the case, is there anything I can do about this? I remember reading a thread I couldn't find about plugging some holes in the resonator, or something along those lines.

Appreciate the help, everyone.
What year is your truck? I believe 2020 and 2021 came from the factory with no resonator in that front section, so essentially it comes stock with a res delete pipe. Take a peek underneath and look at the section ahead of where your Corsa system starts to find out.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
I didn’t have the resonator before my muffler so I just have the sport system and never ordered the “Extreme pipe”. I think the only reason to buy the extreme pipe is to rid the truck of that resonator. My cold starts are loud and then quiet down after a minute. IMO inside the cab is very quiet (more so than stock even) until your into the throttle a ways and loud when hammering on it. It’ll never be as loud as Borla or others but I see some people complain about too loud, drone, fit, etc with other systems so its all opinions. I pull a boat up to 3 hours one way and too loud or drone could be annoying so I’m good with the Corsa.

Klicht87

Reaction score
It says it on Corsa's website that the midpipe resonator delete is only required if your truck has the resonator before your muffler. If you have a '20 or 21', the corsa sport is essentially the corsa extreme.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
It says it on Corsa's website that the midpipe resonator delete is only required if your truck has the resonator before your muffler. If you have a '20 or 21', the corsa sport is essentially the corsa extreme.
I have a 2020. The pipe before the muffler has a short preganat section about 1' to 1.5' long. What is it if not a resonator?

Klicht87

Reaction score
I have a 2020. The pipe before the muffler has a short preganat section about 1' to 1.5' long. What is it if not a resonator?
That is a resonator. The 21's don't have it and I think later build 20s don't have it. Your truck has it.

Styrkerwsu

Reaction score
Interesting that they say it didn’t fit. Did they take pics to show you the difference? Mine fit perfect to replace the resonator. The system has great sound. Almost too quiet in cab but glad to not have drone. Open up back window and you hear the roar. Cold start is damn loud but not too terrible for most neighbors lol.

There is a YouTube video by one of the members that shows the decibel difference with resonator and “extreme” with new pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread