5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CORSA EXHAUST WITH MOPAR BED STEP???

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering ordering a Corsa sport exhaust
With the powder black tips. I have it in the cart and ready to check out . It doesn’t mention anything about the set being on back order . Do think I’ll only get notified after I make purchase ? I wouldn’t be to happy about that . I just emailed them trying to find out but I’m still waiting for reply. I did not order the extreme straight pipe because I had the extreme on my 2011 charger r/t and wanted something a little more tame . I kept hearing the MDS come on and it was driving me crazy . Hoping the sport will cover that noise up.
Very interested in hearing what you think of it.

realralfy

Reaction score
I’m considering ordering a Corsa sport exhaust
With the powder black tips. I have it in the cart and ready to check out . It doesn’t mention anything about the set being on back order . Do think I’ll only get notified after I make purchase ? I wouldn’t be to happy about that . I just emailed them trying to find out but I’m still waiting for reply. I did not order the extreme straight pipe because I had the extreme on my 2011 charger r/t and wanted something a little more tame . I kept hearing the MDS come on and it was driving me crazy . Hoping the sport will cover that noise up.
I ordered directly from Corsa. They let me know in advance that it would be a few weeks lead time to get the exhaust to me...They were great to deal with...

LLkoolskillet

Reaction score
Ive had the Corsa Extreme exhaust for months now and I love it. Cold start ups are the best. I like how there is no drone inside, its not loud while driving, but when you jam on her she comes alive. Ive also noticed that the power band jumps around 3500rpm and pulls stronger until it shifts.

LLkoolskillet

Reaction score
^^^. Nice, which version did you get ?
The extreme version, is the sport but with the RES delete.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I tried calling Corsa yesterday morning during working hours but no one answered phone . I then emailed them asking whether or not I would have to wait .No reply via email either . Im just curious . Don’t want to order until I get confirmation .

Big3MG

Reaction score
I just installed a Corsa on my 2020 Rebel. Didn’t get the resonator delete. It sounds just aggressive enough for me. I also have a 2014 Charger that I put a Corsa on when it was new. Sounds more aggressive than the RAM. I found that the interior really prevents the occupants from hearing how loud it is on the RAM so be sure and have someone else inside and rev the engine while you are standing outside. If you remove the spare tire and the three small bolts holding the heat shield on the drive side in front of the spare, the original exhaust will slide right out without having to cut it. I have the air suspension and had it raised all the way. I also had no assistance but used a small rope to secure the heavy exhaust and lowered it safely after removing the rubber isolators. Also, buy the exhaust isolator removal pliers as it made quick work of getting them pried off with soapy water sprayed on them. To get them back on, I used dielectric grease and they slid right on. I have the black tips and they look great on my Black Rebel with the black appearance package. My wife calls it a murder truck.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I just installed a Corsa on my 2020 Rebel. Didn’t get the resonator delete. It sounds just aggressive enough for me. I also have a 2014 Charger that I put a Corsa on when it was new. Sounds more aggressive than the RAM. I found that the interior really prevents the occupants from hearing how loud it is on the RAM so be sure and have someone else inside and rev the engine while you are standing outside. If you remove the spare tire and the three small bolts holding the heat shield on the drive side in front of the spare, the original exhaust will slide right out without having to cut it. I have the air suspension and had it raised all the way. I also had no assistance but used a small rope to secure the heavy exhaust and lowered it safely after removing the rubber isolators. Also, buy the exhaust isolator removal pliers as it made quick work of getting them pried off with soapy water sprayed on them. To get them back on, I used dielectric grease and they slid right on. I have the black tips and they look great on my Black Rebel with the black appearance package. My wife calls it a murder truck.

Thanks for
The info ! I had the Corsa extreme on my 2011 charger and absolutely love it but could always hear the MDS come on and it drove
Me crazy .

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Just ordered my new Corsa exhaust for my 2020 Ram Rebel . Now the long wait . It’s on back order .

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
My Corsa sport exhaust has arrived and it’s installed . Just so it’s known . You can install it with the 2019 / 2020 side utility bed step and everything looks great but the bed step does rub against the exhaust when deploying / extending it. It’s only for a instant but it does rub . Also when kicking back closed . I don’t use mine that often so I’m not that concerned . P.S the exhaust sounds ****ing awesome and I’m perfectly fine with the noise level . No need for
The extreme for now.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Just to reiterate about the bed step . It works perfectly fine now with the Corsa exhaust . The exhaust hook needed to be pushed over a little bit , that all .

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to reiterate about the bed step . It works perfectly fine now with the Corsa exhaust . The exhaust hook needed to be pushed over a little bit , that all .

Interesting

I'm having some rub against a magnaflow system, and I'm thinking that a little tweaking with the hook/hanger might be needed to move it over some.

I can* hear it vibrate against the step on cold starts, but goes away and does not make the sound while driving.
I just worry that the heat from the exhaust transferring to the step might mess with it! :oops:

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Interesting, I have the Corsa Extreme on mine and the bed step clears nicely. In fact, the step hit on the factory exhaust resonator, but no clearance issues with the Corsa. I'd say maybe it's the difference between the Sport and Extreme systems, but I believe they are dimensionally identical.

BTW, the way, I didn't notice too big of a difference between the sport system and the stock exhaust. I added the resonator delete to upgrade to the extreme and it definitely helped, but it's not crazy aggressive. If you want obnoxious loud, go Borla or Carven. The Corsa system sounds premium and refined. Smooth as silk I. The highway but step on it and you know you have something. The tone at idle is a nice low rumble with the extreme. You may not hear the difference between stock and the sport system at idle. Also, if you are so inclined, you can save some $$ and have your local muffler shop chop the stock resonator and fill in with pipe. The Corsa resonator delete is just a $200 stainless steel tube.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread