5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting halogen headlights, bulbs to LED and AlphaOBD

Toperz

Reaction score
Heya all.

Was searching for a while for answer but could not get anything straight forward.
So my question is :
If I want to switch my halogen bulbs to LED what would I need to do that? I do have AlphaOBD but do I need any adapters for DRL(I turn that off in settings), what options needs to be switch in AlphaOBD?
Is it gonna be same procedure if in the future I want to switch whole headlamps for LED?

I do have reflective headlamps so maybe is better to get HID instead LED?

What you guys think?

JCR1500

Reaction score
I just replaced my halogens with LEDs from HeadlightRevolution.com. I bought the GTR Ultra 2s for Low and High beam and the Carbide Canbus Switchback leds for the turn signals. When you buy from HeadlightRevolution they automatically add the PWM module (for the Low beams only). The hi beams I guess don't need one. I ended up taking the headlights out to make the install easier but I've had them in for 2 weeks with no issues or light out messages so you shouldn't need AlphaOBD in newer trucks.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread