5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control Arms

Brando14

Reaction score
Looking to level my BTS which has the ORG so 1" factory lift. Looking at doing a 2" strut top spacer, so id have a 3" total lift up front. What control arms would yall recommend with the truck seeing some off-road use?

CJR28

Reaction score
A lot of people go with the Mopar UCAs(the same ones in the mopar 2” lift kit) and ive also heard good things about Rough Countrys UCAs

puba08

Reaction score
Zone UCA’s also work despite their website. I contacted them directly and they stated they do fit the 2019-20 new body style.
Here is my BTS with Zone UCA’s and a Motofab 2” spacer with the ORP
d3f53523f5d7c49a881decbe5522182a.jpg
2f82ae4c8d0fc7a085cbc6715ac8a87d.jpg
f87635011bbc68172f602d44edb9220f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChuckH

Reaction score
If you are keeping factory wheels and depending on the size of tire (I.e 35s) I would go with the Mopar ones in the 2 inch lift. Other aftermarket UCAs are better but recommend less of an offset on the wheels with 35 inch tires if you don’t want any rubbing. You could use wheel spacers but I just went through this and it was recommended I definitely use the Mopar UCAs before using wheel spacers off road since I didn’t want to buy new wheels. If money is not an issue and you are open to buying new wheels as well, then the zone’s (shown above) and fabtech’s (designed for 3 inch lift) would be on my short list. I am not an expert, some people on this forum are, this is just one man’s recent experience.

puba08

Reaction score
With the ORP and 2” motofab I’m at 3”. Only reason I used the Zone UCA’s is that I had them already new sitting in the box. I never put them on my 4th Gen.
But your right I’m keeping the stock wheels and the tires are pretty close to the UCA’s already. Gonna probably go with a 275/65/20 to play it safe.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
With the ORP and 2” motofab I’m at 3”. Only reason I used the Zone UCA’s is that I had them already new sitting in the box. I never put them on my 4th Gen.
But your right I’m keeping the stock wheels and the tires are pretty close to the UCA’s already. Gonna probably go with a 275/65/20 to play it safe.

Did you ever end up upgrading your tires? I have 285/65/R20 BFG KO2’s and am about to add the Carli Commuter series (about 2-2.5” over stock)(1.5” over my ORG) and was leaning towards these UCA’s but was concerned about fitment with the stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread