5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constant Power fuse on external power distribution system?

Boone Down South

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel 1500. In the external power distribution system are any of the micro-fuses set for constant power? I am trying to install an accessory and want to wire it with an add a fuse adapter thing but need a constant power location.
Thanks,

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel 1500. In the external power distribution system are any of the micro-fuses set for constant power? I am trying to install an accessory and want to wire it with an add a fuse adapter thing but need a constant power location.
Thanks,
Buy an inline fuse holder and a ring terminal and connect to one of the studs.

Otherwise, this should have your answer. https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...circuit-breaker-diagrams-documentation.28989/

Boone Down South

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to that post. Very informative. I see where it talks about which fuses on the inside power distribution are constant power so I am wondering if anyone knows if any of the fuses in the external are constant power. I would rather run my wiring there than to bring it back inside the cab but I may not have a choice if I want constant power.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Thanks for the link to that post. Very informative. I see where it talks about which fuses on the inside power distribution are constant power so I am wondering if anyone knows if any of the fuses in the external are constant power. I would rather run my wiring there than to bring it back inside the cab but I may not have a choice if I want constant power.
Go look at the photograph of the external fuse block. Do you see those studs on the left? Find a hot one using a test lamp or voltmeter. Get a ring terminal and an inline fuse holder and some wire and build a harness. Screw the ring terminal onto one of the hot studs. Done. If this is too hard to figure out, perhaps you shouldn't be messing with your wiring. I could do it in less time than it's taken me to type this!

Users who are viewing this thread