5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consolidated Leak Fix Thread

ke5SS

Reaction score
My sunroof motor broke and the root cause was water damage on my "brand new used" 2021 RAM 1500 w/ 11K miles. I took it to the dealership and they just replaced the rear window. It was leaking in both corners. They did another water test and they said it fixed it, but I have my doubts on how long it will hold based on other stories here.

As a preventative, and based on all of the other water issues I've read about, I'd like to "waterproof" all possible points of entry. Is there a consolidated thread that contains the fixes for each of the primary leak locations (rear window, third brake light, antenna, rear cab vents)?

If not, I can update this thread to be that thread. I believe these may be other solutions that what I listed below, but let me know if that isn't the case.

Rear Window / Permatex
The fix is to seal the top part of the rear window (from driver side corner to passenger side corner) with Permatex Window and Glass Sealant. Video for reference:

Third Break Light / Weather Stripping
The fix is to take off the third brake light, remove the old weather stripping, clean the surface area thoroughly, replace with upgraded weather stripping, and remount the third brake light starting with the middle screws first and then tightening the outer screws. Thread for reference: 3rd brake light gasket replacement

Antenna / Reseal
The fix here is to remove the antenna and reseal it since the seal from the factory can degrade overtime (or straight from the factory). This video provides the best overview I've seen:

Rear Vent Leak
I'm having a hard time finding detailed instructions for this one. Does anyone have a link or video I could use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/