5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console shifter

RD2022

Reaction score
Hello,friends! Currently driving a 2022 Big Horn e-torque. 90% love,10% hate! Considering getting a 2024 same,with some changes. Does anyone know if a console shifter on any model would be available? Not getting any help from the dealership salesman, I generally know more about these trucks than they do!! Also, which models would have the hill decent option? Must be part of a package? Thanks,keep that rubber smokin'!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the GT had a console shifter, don't know if they carried that to '24.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GT package is the only way to get a console shifter outside of a TRX.
And it's only available on Rebel and Laramie.

Hill Descent control is only available on Laramie's with the Off Road Group, which is mutually exclusive to GT Package.

So if you have to have Console shifter AND hill descent control, then you have to go with a Rebel with GT package.

RD2022

Reaction score
Thanks that will help! The build/order website is somewhat confusing. I did notice you have to order Rebel Level 2 in order to get the GT package. So I have to get a bunch of other options I really don't want. Don't like this "package" ordering much!!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks that will help! The build/order website is somewhat confusing. I did notice you have to order Rebel Level 2 in order to get the GT package. So I have to get a bunch of other options I really don't want. Don't like this "package" ordering much!!

Agree with the dislike. There are two sides to the question.

A la carte ordering of every possible option would create a serious logistics problem for the assembly line, so it makes sense for them to package related things into a limited number of combinations. That's the good side.

But having said that, it seems like they went out of their way to package at least one thing I absolutely hate with every option I need, and I suspect this may be at least partly to increase profit by selling people things they don't really want. That's the bad side.

Seems like all the makers are doing it, so pick your poison, figure the combination that fits you the best, whine about it if it feels better, and get on with it like the rest of us.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with the dislike. There are two sides to the question.

A la carte ordering of every possible option would create a serious logistics problem for the assembly line, so it makes sense for them to package related things into a limited number of combinations. That's the good side.

But having said that, it seems like they went out of their way to package at least one thing I absolutely hate with every option I need, and I suspect this may be at least partly to increase profit by selling people things they don't really want. That's the bad side.

Seems like all the makers are doing it, so pick your poison, figure the combination that fits you the best, whine about it if it feels better, and get on with it like the rest of us.
Bullcrap! With what they are charging , make it happen. When I ordered my 2023 in December of '22, I was able to get manual fold tow mirrors as a separate stand alone option ($295).
Now you must get the "Load and Towing" group (2,240).
And this changed midproduction year so I don't want to hear about line problems.
It's exactly like your middle paragraph said, making you spend more on what you don't need/want to get what you do want

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread