5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering a Retrax Pro XR Tonneau and found this YT Video - Thoughts?

UNSAFE

Reaction score
Recently took delivery of my '25 Limited Night Edition with Ram Boxes and the Multi-function tailgate and have been researching tonneau covers and ran across one that seems ideal for what I want/need - the Retrax Pro XR. However, today I found the below YT video online where an owner of this tonneau alleges that there are basically structural issues with it. Has anyone seen this video and are these legitimate concerns? Is this a case of a disgruntled customer? Please share your experiences and suggestions regarding this cover. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Put some shims under those 3 blocks on each side to bring them up 1/8 of an inch.

Put some shims under those 3 blocks on each side to bring them up 1/8 of an inch.
Will that solve the issue he mentions? I'm not really concerned about what he's saying because the vast majority of reviews, videos and forum posts are positive about this cover. The other thing is it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
It will solve the issue with the mounting rail sitting flush with the bed and you still be able to use the silver rails. The gap between the rails and the bed is another issue, which you can solve with a decent weather stripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back