5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected features - just the basics

undertow119

Reaction score
So my 2022 Big Horn came with Connected Services. I can lock/unlock and remote start my truck from the iPhone app. Cool.

Simple question: Is this a limited time trial, or will I always be able to do these things? If it's a trial and I have to pay for a subscription, how much is it? I don't need any of the fancy stuff, my UConnect system is the basic 8.4" non-nav unit, so no weather, or maps or traffic, no wifi hotspot, just the basic functions of remote start and lock/unlock from the app.

Weird that I can't get a straight answer out of either my dealer or Ram customer service. On the Ram owner site it just says "Connected Services: Active" What does that mean, when does it expire (does it expire?), and how much will it cost me after it expires? And how do I subscribe? It shouldn't be this hard to find those answers, but I keep going around in circles with conflicting information from dealer and customer service reps.

Thanks.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a couple of threads regarding this but it looks like all the features are available for 6 months and then you'll have to pay, they don't have the whole thing setup yet so no real pricing available yet. Search for my username, I started a thread about what's in each "package" and how long it lasts.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
On the connect.ramtrucks.com website it should tell you when everything expires.

undertow119

Reaction score
There are a couple of threads regarding this but it looks like all the features are available for 6 months and then you'll have to pay, they don't have the whole thing setup yet so no real pricing available yet. Search for my username, I started a thread about what's in each "package" and how long it lasts.
On the connect.ramtrucks.com website it should tell you when everything expires.

ekaz, I found your thread, but my dashboard screen doesn't look like yours. This is my dashboard screen:

Dashboard.jpg

If I click the "Manage Subscriptions" link, it takes me to a page that just looks like this:

ManageSubscriptions.jpg

If I click the "Services" tab at the top, I get this:

Services.jpg

If I click the Mopar link in the middle of the page, it takes me here:

MoparLink.jpg

On this screen it says "Connected Services: Active" (middle of the page, under the VIN#). And if I click the RamConnect logo there, it just takes me back to the dashboard page where I came from. But I can't find anything that says when or if my connected services will expire, or what "services" they are referring to. All I want is to be able to lock, unlock, and start my truck from the phone app. I can do that now, I just want to know when or if I will lose that ability in the future, and how much I will have to pay to keep it.

It shouldn't be that hard to find... (sorry, just venting)

Bigbags85

Reaction score
ekaz, I found your thread, but my dashboard screen doesn't look like yours. This is my dashboard screen:

View attachment 121613

If I click the "Manage Subscriptions" link, it takes me to a page that just looks like this:

View attachment 121614

If I click the "Services" tab at the top, I get this:

View attachment 121618

If I click the Mopar link in the middle of the page, it takes me here:

View attachment 121628

On this screen it says "Connected Services: Active" (middle of the page, under the VIN#). And if I click the RamConnect logo there, it just takes me back to the dashboard page where I came from. But I can't find anything that says when or if my connected services will expire, or what "services" they are referring to. All I want is to be able to lock, unlock, and start my truck from the phone app. I can do that now, I just want to know when or if I will lose that ability in the future, and how much I will have to pay to keep it.

It shouldn't be that hard to find... (sorry, just venting)
Odd that it doesn't show anything. My dashboard loads like this:

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread