5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmation needed on new wheels

pbh

Reaction score
I called up Custom Offsets and RIMzOne to confirm wheel/tire fitment. Both said that the following setup should work for my application with some minor trimming. Part of me thinks they're saying that because they want the sale. So with that, I turn to ya'll for final verdict(s) and potential examples if any are running a similar setup.

I have 2019 1500 BH Night Edition w/ 2" Motofab level
Looking to get 20x10 Gear Offroad 761BM Ratio Gloss Black Milled 6x135,6x139.7 (6x5.5) -19mm / Toyo Proxes ST III 305/50R20

Will this work?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the 12” width you might have to heat up and push back a couple spots in the fender liner, but I bet it probably won’t rub since the height is only .1 inches taller than the stock 275/55/20 that comes on a lot of our trucks. I have -19 offset also and it’s a factor for me, but the reduced overall height of your tire should be what saves you.

These guys can only tell you what’s in their system unless they have personally installed the same setup you want on a vehicle. For example, discount tire said my wheels and tires wouldn’t fit unless I had a 4 inch lift, and they wouldn’t accept returns unless I said I had the 4 inch lift installed. At the time I originally installed mine, they fit fine with no rubbing on a reverse level.

Reactions: pbh

pbh

Reaction score
With the 12” width you might have to heat up and push back a couple spots in the fender liner, but I bet it probably won’t rub since the height is only .1 inches taller than the stock 275/55/20 that comes on a lot of our trucks. I have -19 offset also and it’s a factor for me, but the reduced overall height of your tire should be what saves you.

These guys can only tell you what’s in their system unless they have personally installed the same setup you want on a vehicle. For example, discount tire said my wheels and tires wouldn’t fit unless I had a 4 inch lift, and they wouldn’t accept returns unless I said I had the 4 inch lift installed. At the time I originally installed mine, they fit fine with no rubbing on a reverse level.
When you say 12", you're referring to the tire width, not the wheel? Would stepping down in tire size avoid some of those fender modifications. Say 275/55/20?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When you say 12", you're referring to the tire width, not the wheel? Would stepping down in tire size avoid some of those fender modifications. Say 275/55/20?
Yes, tire width (pics below). 275/55 would guarantee you won’t rub at all, although you’re rubbing with the 305 will probably be so minimal that it won’t take much to correct it.
78F29422-C46B-47B0-B0E7-9BC8480C8696.png
FFE850AD-71B3-4010-A4AE-560EDD344E76.png

Reactions: pbh

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing! Thank you for this. I'll roll the dice and go with the 305's :D
Awesome, post some pics when you get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/