5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour matched front bumper

Samson75

Reaction score
Anyone out there replace the chrome with a colour matched bumper? Question is do they come painted or primed from Mopar? I got in an accident and I’m considering swapping if I can slip it under wire with insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone out there replace the chrome with a colour matched bumper? Question is do they come painted or primed from Mopar? I got in an accident and I’m considering swapping if I can slip it under wire with insurance

No the come primed and must be painted.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
No the come primed and must be painted.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Check with your insurance if it's the same price and thats counting painting too, they shouldn't have a problem with it. Or if you pay the difference they shouldn't have a problem with that either.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As stated above, I wanted a higher grade one on one of my trucks and paid the difference and all was well.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I had them vinyl wrap my bumpers have the strength of the chrome with the option to do the color want.
f0dc63731bb4c3ab41d62b6ca288a92a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Samson75

Reaction score
I’ve looked around and I’m not finding the Granite wrap so painted is the only option or I’m back to chrome. Painted without PPF sounds problematic . Gah! Decision time I guess...lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve looked around and I’m not finding the Granite wrap so painted is the only option or I’m back to chrome. Painted without PPF sounds problematic . Gah! Decision time I guess...lol

For the price of paint and PPF, maybe a shop can source custom vinyl colors!

Users who are viewing this thread