5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Air Intake news

Smerberj

Reaction score
Good news for people wanting a CAI on their new (not classic) RAM Pentastar. I received an email today from K&N, it went something like this:

Hello,

I’m Bryan and I work for K&N, we are looking for your truck to perform some R&D on. We are interested on having you come to our HQ in Riverside CA to start our testing. We will provide a rental while we have your truck, and our end goal is to equip your truck with our intake system free of charge!

Thank you,

Bryan Vallejo
Vehicle Coordinator
K&N Engineering INC

Seems like we may have a CAI for our trucks in 1 - 3 months.

Cheers

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good news for people wanting a CAI on their new (not classic) RAM Pentastar. I received an email today from K&N, it went something like this:

Hello,

I’m Bryan and I work for K&N, we are looking for your truck to perform some R&D on. We are interested on having you come to our HQ in Riverside CA to start our testing. We will provide a rental while we have your truck, and our end goal is to equip your truck with our intake system free of charge!

Thank you,

Bryan Vallejo
Vehicle Coordinator
K&N Engineering INC

Cheers
Just make sure ALL the "t's" are crossed and "i's" are dotted before you give anyone the keys to your truck. Sounds kind of scammy.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk about air intakes on 5th gens for Pentastar. I do know, you can swap a 80mm 5.7hemi TB to it with

Checkairspeed

Reaction score

Hello,

Thank you,

Bryan Vallejo
Vehicle Coordinator
K&N Engineering INC

Cheers
It might be advisable to have a lawyer review the contract. So when they blow your motor with a bad tune, etc. you’ll be able to recoup the cost.

Smerberj

Reaction score
My original post must have been misinterpreted, I have -ZERO- intention to let K&N test on my truck, I was just saying that they are currently looking for this particular vehicle and a CAI should be out soon enough. They are in Riverside CA, I am in Virginia Beach VA. The only way I am buying a CAI is if it is an enclosed one with a dry filter. Dyno's have shown that those CAI on the Charger/Challenger 3.6L have improved HP and Torque, like a 9 and 11 respectively. Not much but it's something and I am one to modify my vehicle with quick bolt ons. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread