5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air constantly blowing from side widows defroster vents

dr_uch

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !
I bought my truck during last summer. I have to say that I really love that car.
Unfortunately, when the weather got cold I have noticed annoying thing as far as the ventilation system is concerned.

It appears that during the ride, cold (or rather "colder than desired") air is constantly blowing from the defroster vents. It only stops when I put a ventilation in "body only" mode. As I have read in manual this is normal that in every other mode warmer air is blown in the leg area and a bit colder is blown via defrosters. The thing is that the difference in temperature is too big ! There is no setting that would be comfortable. If the air blown to my feet is OK, my elbow is freezing. If my elbow gets warm air, my feet are getting air that is hot as hell !

Anyone is suffering that too? Maybe some solutions are possible? Reprogramming the HVAC system? Blinding the cold air intakes to the ventilation during the winter ?

Looking forward to receiving some ideas/solutions from you :)

redevil

Reaction score
I have noticed that as well. But didn't think it was overly too cold. Assuming this is to prevent the windows from frosting up when it is cold outside and the heat is on. Not sure how to make it warmer in those vents. Anyone else noticed this?

DSN46

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !
I bought my truck during last summer. I have to say that I really love that car.
Unfortunately, when the weather got cold I have noticed annoying thing as far as the ventilation system is concerned.

It appears that during the ride, cold (or rather "colder than desired") air is constantly blowing from the defroster vents. It only stops when I put a ventilation in "body only" mode. As I have read in manual this is normal that in every other mode warmer air is blown in the leg area and a bit colder is blown via defrosters. The thing is that the difference in temperature is too big ! There is no setting that would be comfortable. If the air blown to my feet is OK, my elbow is freezing. If my elbow gets warm air, my feet are getting air that is hot as hell !

Anyone is suffering that too? Maybe some solutions are possible? Reprogramming the HVAC system? Blinding the cold air intakes to the ventilation during the winter ?

Looking forward to receiving some ideas/solutions from you :)
This is normal operation for the system. Keeps the side windows from fogging in winter.... just for FYI, Honda does this too.... it's annoying when it's cold air bouncing off the window onto your face for sure! Last week, I made a couple of foam inserts that grip onto the louvers of those little vents to cover them for the winter. Much better now. I will remove them when it gets warm out again. It's an easy fix. Give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread