5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunking, rattle in steering

WDC

Reaction score
I purchased a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie last April. From the day after purchase, I noticed a clunking in the steering or suspension when accelerating or going over any variation in pavement or bumps. I have had the truck in the dealership at least 5 times and they have tightened sway bars, replaced steering column, replaced rack & pinion, and they want to replace the clock spring. The part is on back order (since October 9th) and after speaking with case manager the ETA is now Dec 7th. I don't know why I am in line for a back-ordered part while new trucks are coming off the line (why not just grab a part from the factory), and at this point I am tired of spending time dealing with the issue. The VA Attorney General's office said I meet the criteria for their Lemon Law but need to file complaint with Chrysler (which I have done). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and had success in getting a replacement vehicle, or fixing the issue?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie last April. From the day after purchase, I noticed a clunking in the steering or suspension when accelerating or going over any variation in pavement or bumps. I have had the truck in the dealership at least 5 times and they have tightened sway bars, replaced steering column, replaced rack & pinion, and they want to replace the clock spring. The part is on back order (since October 9th) and after speaking with case manager the ETA is now Dec 7th. I don't know why I am in line for a back-ordered part while new trucks are coming off the line (why not just grab a part from the factory), and at this point I am tired of spending time dealing with the issue. The VA Attorney General's office said I meet the criteria for their Lemon Law but need to file complaint with Chrysler (which I have done). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and had success in getting a replacement vehicle, or fixing the issue?
I understand what you're saying about grabbing a part off the line but that would never ever happen. That's just not something they would do. But it does sound like the clock spring to me from what others have been described. I know someone on here the other day posted about using the Lemon Law to get a replacement truck. You can do a search for it find it.

Users who are viewing this thread