5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk in wet conditions

KevInSD

Reaction score
Hi guys. My 2019 BigHorn (133,000 miles) has started making a clunk noise in the front end upon acceleration and I cannot figure out what it might be. The problem is that it has only been happening when it is wet out. In dry conditions it will happen once in awhile but the other day when it rained most of the day it was happening the whole time. Once the rain stopped and it dried out the noise went away.

The noise happens when I start accelerating at slow speeds and will sometimes happen when I’m slowing down. It almost seems like the driveshaft when it engages but I have no idea if that would be the issue. Have any of you guys had an experience like this?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your sway bar links. If they haven’t been touched in 133k miles, I’m willing to bet they’re shot. Get under the truck and give a good few jerks and tugs on the sway bar. You shouldn’t get any play at all.

Users who are viewing this thread