5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock display keeps turning off

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
I want my clock display in the status bar at the top of the 12" screen to always be on. I see in the settings menu how to turn it on and off but when I turn it on, it doesn't stick. It turns off again with the ignition and I must go into settings each time I start the truck to get clock to display again. That a real PITA. How can I get the clock to stay on?

And is there anyway to get the clock to display in the cluster in front of the driver?

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Try this. Once you enable the clock as you want it, save your seat memory. I am finding that there are several setting that are saved to the particular driver setting. Your key is linked to the memory setting and the system is restoring it to the last saved setting.

Hope this works.

knightro84

Reaction score
The clock at the top of the screen goes away when I am using carplay since there is a clock built into the carplay app. I haven't noticed the clock at the top of the screen going away any other time. But also as @VictoriaFarm noted, once I got everything set up how I wanted it, I saved everything to my seat memory.

To answer your other question, yes, the clock is an option to have displayed on the instrument cluster. Go to the "screen setup" menu, push OK, and then pick which area of the instrument cluster you want the clock to be displayed (upper left, lower left, etc). "Time" should be one of the options for you to select and that way the clock will be in the instrument cluster.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The clock at the top of the screen goes away when I am using carplay since there is a clock built into the carplay app. I haven't noticed the clock at the top of the screen going away any other time. But also as @VictoriaFarm noted, once I got everything set up how I wanted it, I saved everything to my seat memory.

To answer your other question, yes, the clock is an option to have displayed on the instrument cluster. Go to the "screen setup" menu, push OK, and then pick which area of the instrument cluster you want the clock to be displayed (upper left, lower left, etc). "Time" should be one of the options for you to select and that way the clock will be in the instrument cluster.
Yes and yes. I had to retrain myself to find the clock location while using CarPlay.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score

Thanks! I didn't realize all that could be changed. There is much customization going on. And I did the seat memory thing, as well. So all should be fine now.

But I have another question: I came across a trailer tow odometer. It was at zero and I found no way to start it manually. I therefore think that it must be operational only when a trailer is plugged into the back of the truck. If so, that is really neat because now I'll know how many trailer miles are on both the truck and the trailer. Very cool.

Can anyone confirm that the trailer odo starts/stops automatically when a trailer is plugged in?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I read here the trailer odo only starts when a trailer with trailer brakes is connected. Not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread