5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate control stopped working with remote start?

Lezmark

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago when i remote started in the morning, my truck would be nice and toasty with the steering wheel and butt warmer on. The past week the features have not been coming on and i thought maybe it was because it was in the 50's outside. Well today it was 40 and nothing came on again!? I went through all the settings to see if there was an on/off for the features. If there is, I couldnt find it. The auto climate control has been on and set in the 70"s. Ideas/suggestions anyone? I love these features BTW.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is a button to enable the climates on remote start. You putting it in auto doesn't have anything to do with it.
I forget the exact name, it's on the radio, it does heated seats too if you got them. It senses the outside temp and adjusts accordingly regusrdles if if you even left the heat on

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has to be 40 degrees or colder for heat to come on. Our outside temp thermostats are a bit off. That could be the issue?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had that happen before. When I shut off my truck the night before, it was warmer than 40°. When I remote started my truck the next day, it was below 40°, but the temp on my dash was still reading above 40°, so the heater, heated seats/steering wheel did not turn on. Just to check it, I did a remote start after I drove to my first stop and it worked as it was supposed to.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others have mentioned remote start comfort system require the truck recognize the temperature is 40 degrees or below for heating functions and 78 degrees or above for cooling functions.

Also, there is a way to turn the feature on and off. On your Uconnect settings there should be a category called "Seats & Comfort/Auto-On Comfort Systems" with a couple of setting options.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck sits on a driveway that faces south,
on sunny mornings the actual air temp can be in the 30`s and the truck temp. probe reads 40+, not turning on seat and steering wheel heaters.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a Floridian, I would prefer Ram allowed the user to set this. I would set mine to come on at 50 degrees or less.

Users who are viewing this thread