5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

climate control off with remote start

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do like my heated seat and the steering wheel, so there is that.
Must be getting old, sucks.
I remember going for a test drive with my brother (years ago) when he was looking at a Ram 2500. I noticed it had a heated steering wheel and pointed it out. He said, “Oh, I’ll never use that.”

He bought that truck, and I asked how he was liking it when I rode with him a couple of months later. He gave a glowing review...and said the heated steering wheel (in a northern Ohio winter) had turned out to be one of his favorite features :)

NJC1684

Reaction score
I remember going for a test drive with my brother (years ago) when he was looking at a Ram 2500. I noticed it had a heated steering wheel and pointed it out. He said, “Oh, I’ll never use that.”

He bought that truck, and I asked how he was liking it when I rode with him a couple of months later. He gave a glowing review...and said the heated steering wheel (in a northern Ohio winter) had turned out to be one of his favorite features :)
Heated wheel gets way to hot with only the on/off option!!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, i turn it off after around 5 or 10 min drive, the whole heating thing in this car is hot.
Mine doesn't get that hot. I mean, I can still touch the steering wheel. I do turn it off after a little bit.

I agree, it would be nice to have a setting to change the threshold. Maybe in the future.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NJC1684

Reaction score
Mine doesn't get that hot. I mean, I can still touch the steering wheel. I do turn it off after a little bit.

I agree, it would be nice to have a setting to change the threshold. Maybe in the future.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I could cook an egg on mine!

linetrader

Reaction score
Exactly. Page 625 of my owner's manual states:

"NOTE: When the “Auto-On Driver Heated/Vented Seat & Steering Wheel” feature is selected, the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures are above 80° F (26.7° C), the driver vented seat will turn on."

Mine works as advertised.
The original post is not even about the steering wheel and seats.. the issue is the climate is off when truck is started with remote start.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The original post is not even about the steering wheel and seats.. the issue is the climate is off when truck is started with remote start.
I missed that, as most people ask about the seats and steering wheel.

My climate control system comes on at previous settings with a remote start. I have it set on Auto, and I store my seat memory settings whenever I make changes to basically anything (except temperature) just in case they’re tied together (many things are).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online