5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Climate Control just shuts off.

Xnewman79x

Reaction score
Every once in a while the Climate Control will turn off. Most of the time when it does, its right after I've started the truck up and I'm coming to a stop or to make a turn. It has also at the same time told me to shift into park and back into drive. It's a 2019 1500 Limited, I've had the truck 3 months and this has happened 6 times. Dealership has no idea and couldn't get it to repeat. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure what the question is. It just shuts off, inside the cab hasn't even reached the desired temp to turn off.
Just making sure it’s not shutting off automatically (including the engine) at a stoplight. If it’s happening while driving down the road (which wasn’t clearly stated), then you have a problem.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Here's a reply ... just for laughs ...

I have the EXACT OPPOSITE problem ... mine won't regulate the temperature at all. If it's hot in the cab when I start it, (set to 69 degrees), it will come up cold and it WON'T STOP BLOWING COLD ! ! I checked with a thermometer in the cab and it got down to 62 degrees on full blast cold even though the thermostat was set for 69 degrees ... regardless of whether it was on Auto or Manual.

My only recourse is to shut down the ventilation completely, then restart it, then it makes correction for the temperature inside the cab.

Dealer is of no help.
Hope there's enough dealers reporting this phenomenon so RAM/Chrysler sends an update/upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread