5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking sound and dash lights coming on

sms12708

Reaction score
I have a new 2025 1500 that I got last month. I have recently noticed when the truck is not running it will randomly go through several cycles where it sounds like the engine is trying to turn (kind of a clicking sound) and the dash lights come on as if you are about to start it. Has anyone else here experienced this or knows what the heck is going on?

I have a bunch of clicking when I turn mine off, but that’s all the electronics turning off after the vehicle is off for like 2 minutes. If that’s what you are referring to, and it only lasts 10 or so seconds, then your truck is fine.

I have a bunch of clicking when I turn mine off, but that’s all the electronics turning off after the vehicle is off for like 2 minutes. If that’s what you are referring to, and it only lasts 10 or so seconds, then your truck is fine.
my limited acts the same as this as well. a lot of stuff going on it seems after shutting it down. I sat in my truck on purpose after shutting it off and the dash stayed lit, and noises continued for what seemed like forever but was probably a good minute or so. then the dash shut off and so did the noises. I think some of the noise is the parking brake.

I have noticed the activity right after turning it off which is understandable given all the electronic stuff. Mine is also happening hours after it has been parked. I read something where it could be a weak secondary battery. It just seems odd and hope it’s a minor fix.

I have noticed the activity right after turning it off which is understandable given all the electronic stuff. Mine is also happening hours after it has been parked. I read something where it could be a weak secondary battery. It just seems odd and hope it’s a minor fix.
I have not noticed that yet on mine. but I have not really paid attention either as its parked in our detached garage and only the cats could hear it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back