5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking Behind Dash on Driver Side - Climate Control Related

DaBoone37

Reaction score
So driving home on a 10min trip I noticed for the second time a clicking or tapping noise that seemed to come from behind the dash on the drivers side. After messing with a few buttons it seems to only happen when the climate control is in auto mode. I am guessing maybe an actuator or something. It is not related to moving as it happens while in motion or stopped. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

P.S. Was there ever a resolution on the blend door whooshing/air sound for 30sec on the passenger side during long highway drives?

Michael_D

Reaction score
So driving home on a 10min trip I noticed for the second time a clicking or tapping noise that seemed to come from behind the dash on the drivers side. After messing with a few buttons it seems to only happen when the climate control is in auto mode. I am guessing maybe an actuator or something. It is not related to moving as it happens while in motion or stopped. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

P.S. Was there ever a resolution on the blend door whooshing/air sound for 30sec on the passenger side during long highway drives?
Yes, I have just recently noticed this same thing. I was about to post the same question and thought to do a search. I'm actually surprised to find out someone else has heard this.

We noticed it the other day. Thought if might be a speaker driver at first, but when I mute the stereo, the noise is still there. If I switch from Auto to any other mode, the noise immediately stops. Switch back to Auto, and it carries on. It's kinda random though. Not super irritating, but now that I've heard it, I'm sure it will drive me nuts.

Dwaynepavlis12

Reaction score
Glad I’m not alone, brand new 2023 rebel now has 10,157miles on it and i started noticing it. Turns off immediately after I switch it out of auto…was driving me nuts. Just gonna wait till becomes more consistent because knowing the dealership i will get the “we cant find it” play and waste time…not super loud like most actuator issues but yes very irritating. It being a new truck and all.

Users who are viewing this thread