5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clear bar

greatone99

Reaction score
having my 2019 ram rebel clear bra ,and a ceramic coating , my question is had anyone had a clear bra on the front bumper , since its powder coated , is it worth it ,can it be done

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Rebel also and didn't get the bumper done as the PPF won't stick to the powder coating or the fender flares.

greatone99

Reaction score
I have a Rebel also and didn't get the bumper done as the PPF won't stick to the powder coating or the fender flares.
thanks ,if u don't mind me asking how much for the ppf ,and what did u get covered . I was going to get full front , but since the bumper is not do able , I will still get full hood full fenders ,and the headlights. full front is 2000 ,will see how much it is without the bumper included

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
thanks ,if u don't mind me asking how much for the ppf ,and what did u get covered . I was going to get full front , but since the bumper is not do able , I will still get full hood full fenders ,and the headlights. full front is 2000 ,will see how much it is without the bumper included

I went with 18" on hood(overlaps on fenders), underneath headlights, A-pillar, 12" across roof. Cost me $485(Canadian) installed guaranteed for 5 years. Went with Suntek PPF C.

Sfoster0717

Reaction score
Hey just my 2 cents, I am a PPF installer as well as a window tinter. I def recommend against doing the bumper, it will stick but the issue is the texture will create a ton of air gaps which will make the film have a grey and black speckled appearance. I have the silver and black rebel, I only did PPF under the headlights a fool hood wrap then I used stealth from XP on the painted black section of the lower doors to make the gloss black paint appear matte which matches the fender flares bumper and Nfab Epyx steps perfectly. Good look along with paint protection WIN WIN.

Attachments

• Rear of Nfabs ANd stealth PPF.jpg
    Rear of Nfabs ANd stealth PPF.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Nfab Epyx and Matte PPF .jpg
    Nfab Epyx and Matte PPF .jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 79

Neokane

Reaction score
I just did my hood (partial) took me 2 hours.. lol

Wont be doing the bumper or cheeks..
The cheeks look way too difficult even with pre-cut material..

Users who are viewing this thread