5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning out between the cab & bed

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good tips for cleaning out the space between the cab & the bed ? I have a bunch of leaves packed in there that I can t seem to get out. Secondary question, has anyone put anything there (like weather stripping) to stop things from getting down in that crevice ?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good tips for cleaning out the space between the cab & the bed ? I have a bunch of leaves packed in there that I can t seem to get out. Secondary question, has anyone put anything there (like weather stripping) to stop things from getting down in that crevice ?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Fourth gen Rams had a rubber seal mounted to the lower lip of the bed front bulkhead. This was to reduce road noise from getting into the cab through the rear cab vents and unfortunately prevents things from falling through. I haven't looked at mine, but I suspect the 5th gens have one, too.

I know the problem. I have a tree right above my truck. In the past I have used a wooden dowel rod to clean that area out. The stubborn stuff I've blown out with a hose or compressed air.

For me the problem is usually in the winter time when snow falls between the cab and bed then turns to ice on a warm up. That can really cause a rattle. I've thought about applying foam tape to the upper edge of the box bulkhead, but I'm afraid of the paint rubbing through from box movement. I actually saw that happen on another truck.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005468 miles.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just keep in mind the bed and cab move independent of each other going down the road, so if you put something in their the paint can get rubbed off causing rust. That was the issue with the weather stripping on the 4th gens. Not sure if the 5th gens have it.

BMac728

Reaction score
used a thin piece of wood ,long enough to knock the leaves to either side. Stood in bed to do this, worked great

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now if Ram (Mopar) would come up with a snow and ice dam for the box front bulkhead....

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 006961 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread