5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CJC Dash Mount x Switch Pro

JRD

Reaction score
This is a multi layered thread as I’m currently trying to install my switch pro. For reference, I am using the CJC Dash Mount (picture attached) and the Switch Pro

1. I have the mount ready to receive power, and with the screen removed I can see daylight. There is a little hole to the bottom left, however my fish tape is getting hung up and when I try to use a light I cannot see it. I should’ve took a picture, but does anyone know where I’m referencing and where it protrudes into the engine bay?

2. I know someone on here has the same mount, but I tried to find your thread/comment and couldn’t locate it. Where did you run your lines if you see this?

3. After I couldn’t locate the protrusion, i started looking for an alternate route. If I drop the power straight down it runs under the steering wheel which I could fish through that way. (I am not technical in this field so I added photos for reference) alternatively, if someone has a better idea please let me know.

4. From numerous discussions with @boogielander i know the light blue wire for the switch pro goes to Fuse F37. Did anyone hook up the pink/white? If so, which fuse? I’d like to be able to dim the controller due to its location.

Thank you for reading, sorry if these are noob questions but I just try to do things myself before paying someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_1144.jpeg
    IMG_1144.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1147.jpeg
    IMG_1147.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1149.jpeg
    IMG_1149.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is a multi layered thread as I’m currently trying to install my switch pro. For reference, I am using the CJC Dash Mount (picture attached) and the Switch Pro

1. I have the mount ready to receive power, and with the screen removed I can see daylight. There is a little hole to the bottom left, however my fish tape is getting hung up and when I try to use a light I cannot see it. I should’ve took a picture, but does anyone know where I’m referencing and where it protrudes into the engine bay?

2. I know someone on here has the same mount, but I tried to find your thread/comment and couldn’t locate it. Where did you run your lines if you see this?

3. After I couldn’t locate the protrusion, i started looking for an alternate route. If I drop the power straight down it runs under the steering wheel which I could fish through that way. (I am not technical in this field so I added photos for reference) alternatively, if someone has a better idea please let me know.

4. From numerous discussions with @boogielander i know the light blue wire for the switch pro goes to Fuse F37. Did anyone hook up the pink/white? If so, which fuse? I’d like to be able to dim the controller due to its location.

Thank you for reading, sorry if these are noob questions but I just try to do things myself before paying someone else.
with the white (the one that's labeled "light") find a parking light fuse and tap into that, if there's one. I couldn't find it when I was doing mine so I just use the app to dim the back light to the dimmest and call it a day.
if you can't find the fuse to tap into, that may be an alternative option.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1719721582555.png
This is where mine went in. Take a blade and cut an X, then use a flat head screwdriver to poke through. When I did it I made sure there's nothing behind any of the grommets just in case I cut a line.
If you're not sure, poke a screwdriver on the grommet but not through, so the grommet bulges on the cab side so you know which one it is. This one sits higher than the one in your picture.

reference here;: Boogielander Build
not a complete how-to but that should help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread