5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cigars (Warfighter Tobacco Co)

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
actually arrived early! looks like camping needs to happen soon!

Let us know which one is for favorite.

I do like their sticks ( made by Plasencia ) and I have some myself in my humidor.

But I have found I can get some other higher quality (IMO) Nicaraguan sticks from on line dealers for about the same price with frequent sales and discounts that I like much better, like Perdomo.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I do like their sticks ( made by Plasencia ) and I have some myself in my humidor.

But I have found I can get some other higher quality (IMO) Nicaraguan sticks from on line dealers for about the same price with frequent sales and discounts that I like much better, like Perdomo.
im completely noob to the cigar game lol
any other online vendors you can recommend? I like to have options so when it's time to restock I can try different blends from different companies.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Well stated. That pretty much echo's my opinion on these. I'm all about supporting folks like this, but only up to a point. I did subscribe to their monthly sampler, so It's not like I won't be supporting them. But I can find great deals on premium smokes from other suppliers. So the bulk of my purchases will probably not come from Warfighter.

any other online vendors you can recommend? I like to have options so when it's time to restock I can try different blends from different companies.
I'm interested to hear where others buy their smokes. I don't know about Ramroo, but we buy most of our cigars from famous-smoke.com. They send out regular emails with their "cigar monster" specials, and they also have their auction website. I'll occasionally find deals on other websites too.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am fairly new also but the websites I have found and like:

famous-smoke.com. and the monster link from their site is great for sales and free shipping.

cigarsdaily.com has great prices and promos.

holts.com has great selections, sales and promos.

Most websites will also give military and first responder discount.

A little about cigars.

The dark maduro wrappers are a darker leaf because they have been fermented and aged longer, breaking down the ammonia making them mellow and sweet. Does not make them stronger. This is what I prefer.

Sometimes the tobacco on inside has a blend (mix) that will give them a bold (strong flavor), and be strong (nicotine level). I have found that I like that also. Don’t be afraid of “bold, strong” cigars. This does NOT make them harsh and bitter. Good maduro premium cigars has great taste but are very smooth with no harshness or “sharp edges”.

I have found that what most recommend for new cigar smokers ( light color cigars, Connecticut wrappers) are more harsh (ashy tasting) to me, but everyone is different.

My absolute favorite. Perdomo 20th anniversary Maduro in epicure size.
Budget favorite. Perdomo Fresco Maduro torpedo (larger diameter helps draw on these).

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you guys for the leads! really appreciate it.
now i must control myself to slow down and not order too much at a time!

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you guys for the leads! really appreciate it.
now i must control myself to slow down and not order too much at a time!

Ordering too much is not a thing. They will last forever.

I have tried the wood humidors. Too hard for me to keep humidity right. I like any water / air tight acrylic container with a few Boveda 65% or 69% packs.

Large 9.6 cup Rubbermaid Brilliance acrylic containers IMG_2708.jpeg are inexpensive and work great. Can get others anywhere including Walmart.

I would love to graduate up to a large cabinet humidor in the future.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you buy a good humidor, or two, you can buy enough to last you quite a while 😉

Ordering too much is not a thing. They will last forever.

I have tried the wood humidors. Too hard for me to keep humidity right. I like any water / air tight acrylic container with a few Boveda 65% or 69% packs.

Large 9.6 cup Rubbermaid Brilliance acrylic containers View attachment 156824 are inexpensive and work great. Can get others anywhere including Walmart.

I would love to graduate up to a large cabinet humidor in the future.
oh crap i didn't know you could use the air tight containers as humidors. I thought it has to be cabinet style (see, that's what happens when you watch too much TV and you don't have friends who are serious about this LOL)

but seriously though the problem is too much hobby lol
truck parts (GFC, next year, hopefully), month long expeditions (Alaska, next year, hopefully), guns and ammos, etc
gotta ration my spending plus camping is the only time i can actually sit down and have relaxed smoke.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
oh crap i didn't know you could use the air tight containers as humidors. I thought it has to be cabinet style (see, that's what happens when you watch too much TV and you don't have friends who are serious about this LOL)

but seriously though the problem is too much hobby lol
truck parts (GFC, next year, hopefully), month long expeditions (Alaska, next year, hopefully), guns and ammos, etc
gotta ration my spending plus camping is the only time i can actually sit down and have relaxed smoke.
I totally get that. Between guns & ammo, scotch, knives, travel, and truck/car parts, it's no wonder we're able to afford food and a roof over our heads LOL.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I totally get that. Between guns & ammo, scotch, knives, travel, and truck/car parts, it's no wonder we're able to afford food and a roof over our heads LOL.
well my stance is... worst case scenario i can get a storage unit and also get a van and do stealth camping. still cheaper than buying a house LOL

Users who are viewing this thread