5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chime wire cut

jessyoung1

Reaction score
I tried everything imaginable to keep my seat belt alarm from dinging (while snapped in) finally I had enough. I cut the chime wire. The dinging stopped but my instrument panel went dark, will not work. Any suggestions?

Did you think of bringing it in? Is it under warranty? Did you check a wiring diagram? You could try to Solder it back together. regardless sounds like it needs to be repaired anyway. These arn't like the older vehicles where you could do something like that... They have complex computer/canbus system. Usually 1 thing dosen't work chances are other things may not.

Yikes!

A rental Escalade I had a few weeks back, didn't have any speaker volume. Turns out, turn signals play through the radio speakers on that, not like the older vehicles.

Thankfully, a turn off / turn on off the vehicle resolved it.

You can likely solder or butt splice that wire, but a dealer visit may be in your future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back