5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chemical Guys Ceramic Wax

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this yet? Just picked up a bottle - gonna try it this week.

Seems to have very good reviews

WAC22916---Hydro-Slick---FRONT-1500x1500.gif

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Post up results. I have always wondered if that was for a vehicle that has been ceramic coated or if it is good for any truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdpeter

Reaction score
I was just about to pull the trigger on that, since I use a lot of CG stuff already, then I bought a bottle of Lithium SLAM instead. Gonna see how it does. Let me know what you think of the CG stuff

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it the other day - Wash (2x in some trouble areas), clay bar, and the ceramic wax - took about 7 hours to get it done and I wasn't happy with it after it was first put on but the next day after it cured I was like WOW - came out like glass.

Top pic is just the wash and clay bar. Bottom pic is wash, clay bar and the ceramic wax

Wash Clay Ceramic Wax.jpg

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still waiting for it to rain since then - I want to see how the water beads up in comparison to the CG Butterwax I used last time

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Don’t believe it all that great because the title says “Ceramic”. If you really want a true coat I’d go with Carpro ceramic coat

TXoneton86

Reaction score
I bought and used it a few weeks ago on my truck and my wife’s explorer. Before applying I washed, clay barred, buffed, polished and then used the hydro slick and I really was impressed with how it came out. The wax gets pretty slick after the 3 hour cure time. I’ve washed both vehicles once since applying it and the water beaded really nicely still and it still feels pretty slick to the touch. 3D9C24C3-FC5C-454C-AB92-B58D0519782F.jpeg 34795877-003E-4AFB-9E7D-EDFEE21BF602.jpeg

vdemarco

Reaction score
I just applied Hydroslick to my cars and was also impressed how shinny everything was. and How easy it was to apply. Now just wondering how long it lasts. That to be honest doesn't matter as i will probably apply again, kind of like detailing cars. (only mine though)

Skater

Reaction score
I just applied Hydroslick to my cars and was also impressed how shinny everything was. and How easy it was to apply. Now just wondering how long it lasts. That to be honest doesn't matter as i will probably apply again, kind of like detailing cars. (only mine though)
How far did the 16 oz bottle of Hydroslick go for you? One coat one truck, more?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought my bottle of hydroslick last week and overall am pleased with the results. Prepped my truck as instructed, (wash/clay/polish)... Removing the wax was a bit more stubborn than most reviews I've seen claiming it buffs off with easy without any spotty hazing... (not true) Only used 1/8 of the 16oz bottle to do my truck.... Overall it was worth the $40.00

Swag1981

Reaction score
I just bought my bottle of hydroslick last week and overall am pleased with the results. Prepped my truck as instructed, (wash/clay/polish)... Removing the wax was a bit more stubborn than most reviews I've seen claiming it buffs off with easy without any spotty hazing... (not true) Only used 1/8 of the 16oz bottle to do my truck.... Overall it was worth the $40.00

I’ve found it’s only difficult to remove when the panels are hot or it’s in the sun. I also only use about a pinky nail sized amount and only let it flash about a minute before wiping it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread