5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Engine P0300 2021 Ram 1500 Hemi V8

richheise

Reaction score
My truck had a P0300 check engine light a few weeks ago. Truck had a rough idle for a week or so before the light came on. According to Autozone reader, it said it was likely ignition coil or plugs. I bought new plugs and coils and swapped everything out. Reset check engine light and all seemed well. About 3 days later, the light came back on so I contacted the dealership to schedule an appointment. They told me I would have to drop my truck off for a minimum of 48 hours for them to run diagnostics.
Back story - several months ago had to have an exhaust manifold replaced (under warranty) due to cracking. Had to rent a car for 5 days and was told by the dealership that Dodge would reimburse me since this is a warranty issue. Once the service was completed, Dodge said no reimbursement because I don't have a service contract. So I am hesitant to drop my truck off again because I shouldn't have to rent a car for them to run diagnostics.
So I scheduled an appointment with a local mechanic, but day of the appointment the light was off again so they couldn't find a code and had no idea what to check. The light has come back on intermittently for the past several days and now there is an idle surging occasionally, especially when I am in reverse. Truck still idles rough and seems to have an issue. Maybe bad fuel injectors?
Any idea how to figure out the issue? I really don't want to have to take the truck back to the dealership and rent a car again while they try to find an issue.

Thanks.

My truck had a P0300 check engine light a few weeks ago. Truck had a rough idle for a week or so before the light came on. According to Autozone reader, it said it was likely ignition coil or plugs. I bought new plugs and coils and swapped everything out. Reset check engine light and all seemed well. About 3 days later, the light came back on so I contacted the dealership to schedule an appointment. They told me I would have to drop my truck off for a minimum of 48 hours for them to run diagnostics.
Back story - several months ago had to have an exhaust manifold replaced (under warranty) due to cracking. Had to rent a car for 5 days and was told by the dealership that Dodge would reimburse me since this is a warranty issue. Once the service was completed, Dodge said no reimbursement because I don't have a service contract. So I am hesitant to drop my truck off again because I shouldn't have to rent a car for them to run diagnostics.
So I scheduled an appointment with a local mechanic, but day of the appointment the light was off again so they couldn't find a code and had no idea what to check. The light has come back on intermittently for the past several days and now there is an idle surging occasionally, especially when I am in reverse. Truck still idles rough and seems to have an issue. Maybe bad fuel injectors?
Any idea how to figure out the issue? I really don't want to have to take the truck back to the dealership and rent a car again while they try to find an issue.

Thanks.
Did you get it figured out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.
Back