5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Engine Lught / service airbags

Ram FF

Reaction score
2021 Rebel 5.7 etorque 4 months old 6k miles.

So, I took my door apart today to give it some sound treatment for my upcoming audio build and now I have a Check Engine light and Service airbags message. I did unclip the wiring between the door and cab during this process. Does anyone know what could have caused this and where do I go from here?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
More than likely there's some module or other in the door, and when you disconnected things, it lost communication on the bus. So now the airbag system is deactivated and awaiting diagnosis, and the check engine light is on out of sympathy. I used to run into stuff like that all the time at Toyota --- 5 or 6 different systems all throwing useless codes because one system is not talking to the rest.

Go to the parts store and have them clear codes. Or try the battery disconnect. After the disconnect, it's probable that things will be nutty for a few hours - lost XM radio is common - but it'll all come back online eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread