5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging pad install after truck purchase

Viper67

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie, and it doesn’t have the charging pad option. Is there a way to do this after we bought our truck without spending a crapload?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlkLimited22s

Reaction score
It is not fast charging and if you have short drives it is really not worth it. Only chargers a couple percent in my 20 min drive. I rarely use mine and rather plug into USB C for faster charging. Tested using iPhone and Samsung S8.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I don't use mine. If I'm going far enough to matter, I plug into USB so I can use Apple CarPlay.

If CarPlay would work over Bluetooth, I would probably use it.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't use mine. If I'm going far enough to matter, I plug into USB so I can use Apple CarPlay.

If CarPlay would work over Bluetooth, I would probably use it.
That's a very good point. I was thinking about getting one, but it hardly seems worth the effort.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use my charger all the time. Except if I use car play then in goes the plug. I like the fact the charger is a holder for my phone and the charging aspect is a bonus.

Viper67

Reaction score
Ok then I’ll not do the pad install. Sounds like it’s just slow USB charging versus the 2.1 amp charging.

Users who are viewing this thread