5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Tow to Standard Mirrors with Blind Spot Monitoring

lyndonsanders

Reaction score
I have swapped out the mirrors, both support BSM. Whats the next step to activate the BSM so that the car recognises the new mirror? From the deep dive in the forum I understand that the Tow mirrors are a sales code calibration from factory. Is it possible to program the door module via Alpha OBD or do both door modules need replacing for campatibilty with the smaller standard mirrors. Are there harness to Module connectors that need replacing? Photo shows inside of door and module location (from a vehicle that is getting converted from Left to Right Hand Drive), no bsm).

Attachments

• Inside door.jpg
    Inside door.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's possible that ALPHA OBD can turn the feature on but I'm pretty sure you need the sensors in the rear of the truck for the blind spot monitoring . If I'm remembering right they're in the tail lights .

lyndonsanders

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So the BSM sensors in the tail lights need to be specific for the mirror type? The rig was optioned with the tow group which included BSM for the tow mirrors. It is a Limited with Level 1 equipment, I'll do some research. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread