5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing out tailgate emblem

NikiPowPez

Reaction score
I just purchased my '23 sport edition and I want to change everything that's chrome to black. I've seen how to change the RAM letters on the grill and the side pieces on the hood (both look pretty easy), but I haven't seen any threads about changing out the tailgate emblem. Is it as easy to change out the tailgate emblem?

Thanks!!

RumRam

Reaction score
I just purchased my '23 sport edition and I want to change everything that's chrome to black. I've seen how to change the RAM letters on the grill and the side pieces on the hood (both look pretty easy), but I haven't seen any threads about changing out the tailgate emblem. Is it as easy to change out the tailgate emblem?

Thanks!!
I found a video on this as I recently completed this too. Sorry, can’t remember where at the moment. Use same procedure as the rest. Fishing line and patience!

RumRam

Reaction score

Thanks!!
Sorry, also used trim removal tool to help. Used hair dryer to heat up a bit.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
If the 23's are the same as the 19's, the tailgate emblem is held on fairly well with double-sided tape, but there are also positioning tabs that go through holes in the sheet metal.
Check your new emblem and you'll see if that's the case. I found this out when I swapped my chrome for a color-matched one.

One more thing: when I bought the new tailgate emblem, it was black and I didn't know it was painted that color over the black plastic, so 1st try failed as the black paint (that I couldn't tell was there) wrinkled under the new color and I had to strip it all off and do it again.

Emblem.jpg

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread