5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing from 18’s to 20’s or Bigger

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
New to tire upgrades...

What needs to happen upgrading to a bigger wheel / tire from the stock Falken Brand LT275/65R 18C OWI On/Off Road that is coming with the ORP to a 20 or Larger.

- Why or is a small tire preferd ?

Brobee

Reaction score
New to tire upgrades...

What needs to happen upgrading to a bigger wheel / tire from the stock Falken Brand LT275/65R 18C OWI On/Off Road that is coming with the ORP to a 20 or Larger.

- Why or is a small tire preferd ?

From what I've learned so far on these forums, since I'm planning on doing the same with my Big Horn:
- With a 2" level or lift, you can get up to 35's.
- I also have 3.21 gears since I bought it off the lot, so don't plan on going that big.
- Understand the offset. 20" is 19mm. I'm not going bigger than 33's, so it's going to be 275/60R/20 for me with an 18" offset 20x9 rim and a 2" level.
- The above is one of 2 "P" rated tires that aren't going to be a PITA to spin. The other one being a 305/55R/20. If you like fat tires, that's just slightly above 33 and I would go with a 10 or 12mm offset with those.

Users who are viewing this thread