5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed speakers but fader not working

capulowt01

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I have a base 8.4 system with no ANC or Nav.

I changed my door speakers to Polk 6x9s all around. I used a LC2i loc for the amp.

Now the factory radio fader won’t work into the settings.

If I try to move the sound to the rear, it goes mute. If I go the right, the speakers on the left are working. If I go to the right, the left are working. Only when it’s centered all the speakers work correctly.

Is this common because I’m using an aftermarket amp? Is it my LC2i? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I changed my door speakers to Polk 6x9s all around. I used a LC2i loc for the amp.

If I try to move the sound to the rear, it goes mute. If I go the right, the speakers on the left are working. If I go to the right, the left are working. Only when it’s centered all the speakers work correctly.

Tell us how you have the LC2i wired to the output signal, and how you have that signal wired to your amp, and how your amp is wired to the speakers. Tracing the signal is my first step in troubleshooting.

LC2i only grabs two channels right? Splitting those two front channels (L R) into four or six signals for your six speakers means you won’t be able to fade from back to front any more.

Hope that helps.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Like yo adrian said you are using a 2 channel output meaning channel one is left and channel 2 is right. Your balance control is working backwards because you either have the speaker inputs to the LCi backwards, the RCA cables from the converter to the amp backwards or the wires from the amp to the speakers backwards. My guess is you have the inputs going into the converter swapped.

You can either replace it with something like a rockford fosgate RF-HLC4 to get a 4 channel output or any other 4 channel converter variant. Also what kind of amp are you using to push your 6x9s, is it a 4 channel amp? it may in fact have line level inputs onboard that you could use instead of using the converter up stream of the amp. Kind of need an outline of the whole system to make any suggestions.

sizmtrz

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I searched for "ANC" and cant get the search function to find anything. what is the ANC and how do I know if I do or dont have it?

Users who are viewing this thread