5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change between years?

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
Anyone know what changes have been made to the 8.4 w/nav head unit since the 2019 model year? I had the head unit on my 2019 replaced this week and there are some differences between the two.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine replaced around 2020...
I've noticed some better graphics and they started using a different BT Codec, called SBC(used for a long time on other uConnects but haven't had the problem in my 19 until i got the new module) Instead of AAC, which now causes a 3-second time delay when playing music or video. SBC is a better codec, just carrying more bandwidth meaning it needs a queue time to load the media.
Anyway... Not that different.

Jeremy2854

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my '16 and '19 Ram both connected to Bluetooth automatically when I started my vehicle and would resume whatever was last playing.
My '21 always goes to sirius on startup. Switch to media...connecting..for several seconds...no device found, manually switch to Bluetooth, several more seconds...then it will connect, but has poor quality, like very little bass, noticeably poor sound.

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my '16 and '19 Ram both connected to Bluetooth automatically when I started my vehicle and would resume whatever was last playing.
My '21 always goes to sirius on startup. Switch to media...connecting..for several seconds...no device found, manually switch to Bluetooth, several more seconds...then it will connect, but has poor quality, like very little bass, noticeably poor sound.
I haven't had issues connecting my phone through bluetooth, its been seamless. Mine also goes straight to sirius, maybe because that's the input I'm using. After almost a week, the theme I set is still there. The previous unit would revert to the default after one or two drive cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread