5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating on Wheels

Chuck19

Reaction score
I just bought a set of wheels and decided to add the ceramic coating option. After the fact I am wondering if this was worth the $180 cost? Also is there anyway I can tell that it was actually done?

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
If you keep up the maintenance on them it will be worth it. I wondered the same thing when I had my truck coated the wheels were included. However after 4 months owning the vehicle after coating the ease that the wheels come clean with minimal effort is amazing. Its hard to tell but they should bead up similar to the door panels on what water stays on there.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think i do a fairly good job of keeping my cars clean between the monthly unlimited touch less car wash service we belong to and when i wash them by hand i probably wash my car 3 times per weeek lol! So just put some water on them when i get the wheels and see how they shed the water? If they bead up and slide off good to go and they were done properly?

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
should feel really slick but remember that wheels are one of the dirtiest parts of a vehicle. even when the vehicle is clean the brake dust road grime all find there way on them. so the performance imo is a little diminished compared to the vehicles paint. just easier to clean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread