5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console or bench seat

alow

Reaction score
Thank you alow, very nice setup. Does the middle seat cushion flip-up with storage underneath?
There is storage under the middle seat. Looks to be the same setup as the bench in the 4th gens unless I'm mistaken.

RAM#2

Reaction score
There is storage under the middle seat. Looks to be the same setup as the bench in the 4th gens unless I'm mistaken.
Yes there is. It is also where the CD player resides.

RAM#2

Reaction score
My 2013 Big Horn had the center console and my 2019 Laramie has the bench seat and I like this better as I would like for my wife to like me enough one day to sit beside me …..

onelochevy

Reaction score
Center console for me. If my wife wants to get frisky on a road trip, im pulling over to an isolated area and hopping in the giant back seat with her

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the bench and I like the fact when up affords you more leg room.

taz2016

Reaction score
Console for me! I wanted to get the bench but it only took a short test drive to realize how intrusive the arm rest felt to me. I finished the test drive with the arm rest up and it felt more comfortable. I would very rarely use the center position so console for me.

bigwidge

Reaction score
I went back and forth on this. I like the bench for spacial reasons, but the console has sooooo much space. But, if I'm being honest, I went with the console for the sole reason of having my phone plugged in to USB-C without running it across from the front to the fold down seat. Guess I'm just nit-picky like that.

heydre

Reaction score
Personally I looked at a Tradesman with the bench and Big Horn with center console...the console on the Trades is MUCH smaller (and less useful) than the upgrade center console. I'll have to settle for the vertical hand massage...

cipherbreak

Reaction score
The center console of the 5th Gen RAM is one of the primary reasons I got this truck. I think it’s absolutely the most utilitarian yet attractive console in any truck, ever.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I love my bench seat and specifically ordered the truck with bench. Although I do think the center console is very nice, I went with the bench for the following reasons: It provides a more open spacious look, I do not feel constrained around my legs because of the open area in front of the seat. The arm rest when folded down is very comfy. It has plenty of storage to meet my needs. I do not mind the lack of wireless charging as my phone needs to be plugged in for car play anyways. If I do not want to see phone wires running far when plugged in I can plug into the back of the seat or I can plug into the front usb and set phone in the pop out storage box from the lower center stack area. The storage under the middle seat is cool. Cup holders work well. Also for those times I might have 6 people in the car, it would work! Also, my wife can sit right next to me as well sometimes. I think the center console is very well built but I do love the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread