5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CARVEN Muffler Replacement + HEMI eTorque + NO ANC = MASSIVE DRONE

wsutard1

Reaction score
I just installed a Carven muffler delete for a 22 Ram 1500 with Hemi eTorque. When I initially installed it was very quiet, surprisingly so. Took a drive around the neighborhood, quiet. Well a few hours later I decided to disconnect my ANC mics due to the ANC thump I have and having to wait a few months for the replacement amp to fix. Evidently the ANC system really does a great job because without ANC the Carven system is super drony! So much so that I would probably remove the Carven exhaust if I planned to not keep ANC active once it gets fixed.

One of the reasons I bought the Carven muffler was because everyone said "no drone". Well I guess they were correct, but it was their ANC systems making it drone free, not the muffler.

Just an FYI in case you are looking at this replacement muffler and don't have ANC active.

Louhound88

Reaction score
What rpm are you cruising at when you have the drone? I have a Borla S type and do not have drone. However I typically stay in 8th gear or the highest gear it allows when at cruising speed. So 55mph and above i'm in 8th, and rpm's around maybe 1600, don't remember exactly.

But if i shift down to 6th gear at 55mph then it'll put me around 2000rpm, which is the loudest my exhaust is while cruising and not under hard acceleration. I could see that the 2000rpm mark is where I would drone, if my truck were to be at 2000 rpm while on the highway. Or if i had 3.92 gears and didn't have the extra upper gear. I have 3.21.

wsutard1

Reaction score
What rpm are you cruising at when you have the drone? I have a Borla S type and do not have drone. However I typically stay in 8th gear or the highest gear it allows when at cruising speed. So 55mph and above i'm in 8th, and rpm's around maybe 1600, don't remember exactly.

But if i shift down to 6th gear at 55mph then it'll put me around 2000rpm, which is the loudest my exhaust is while cruising and not under hard acceleration. I could see that the 2000rpm mark is where I would drone, if my truck were to be at 2000 rpm while on the highway. Or if i had 3.92 gears and didn't have the extra upper gear. I have 3.21.
The drone happens around 1500-1800 rpm. After that it is just a normal exhaust note. It actually gets quieter at 2000.
But this problem exists because my truck doesn’t have ANC right now.

Users who are viewing this thread