5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CARVEN DIRECT FIT VS BORLA Pro Xs 40353

MIKE71

Reaction score
Ok so the age old question ... which one should I get ??!! Lol I’ve watched the videos and heard the comments but still am having trouble deciding ... I have a Zl1 Camaro with an exhaust that will wake the folks up in the next county sounds amazing but ..... don’t want that for the ram “ everyday driver” but still want something that sounds nice and AMERICAN but not so much so that it’s over the top and “distracting” for lack of a better term...

I’ve narrowed it down to those two with resonators still in place ( weepers plugged ) ...
so I really don’t wanna start the process all over again .. LOL
don’t wanna go the cat back route ... just not worth the money in my opinion ..

.Thoughts on the 2 would be greatly appreciated !!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the replies but honestly how many people are going to be able to have heard both? It's a very subjective thing. I love my 40353 but I've not heard a Carven. I was heavily leaning towards carven because I like the sound in their YouTube video. I decided on the 40353 because I liked the sound from the various YouTube videos/member's here videos and the money savings. I paid $95 for my 40353 and $58 for it to be installed.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve not heard the Carven but really love the sound from the Borla..

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
how loud would you classify it ?? looking for a ...yea that sounds nice vs HOLY CRAP !!
I wish it was a tad bit louder in the cab so I can hear it. People say it’s loud when I take of and hear it from the outside

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's a full system instead of just the direct fit muffler right? I think that would be like comparing the Borla 40353 to the Borla Touring or S Type.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the carven competitor direct fit on my 4th gen, it sounded really nice and was real loud. I’d imagine it’d be more of what you’re looking for on a 5th gen with these more effective rear resonators

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Yes it’s a full system
I'm assuming that's a full system instead of just the direct fit muffler right? I think that would be like comparing the Borla 40353 to the Borla Touring or S Type.

Users who are viewing this thread