5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Competitor

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from getting the Carven Competitor cat back installed. Wow! Nice deep rumble, but I didn't find it anxious at all. It will get its first cold start in the morning, but a warm start isn't so loud that the neighbors will be pissy.

It is loud when you jump on it, but that is what I wanted and I would not say that it is over the top. Of course, loudness is subjective to everybody so this is just my opinion. Overall I am very happy with it. Definitely worth the money!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from getting the Carven Competitor cat back installed. Wow! Nice deep rumble, but I didn't find it anxious at all. It will get its first cold start in the morning, but a warm start isn't so loud that the neighbors will be pissy.

It is loud when you jump on it, but that is what I wanted and I would not say that it is over the top. Of course, loudness is subjective to everybody so this is just my opinion. Overall I am very happy with it. Definitely worth the money!
An audio clip of that cold start would be nice to hear!

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Great news. Thanks for the update on your install of your new @Carven Exhaust

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score

Glad to hear it! You may be the first one to have it on in the country! Aside from the one we built it to that’s back at the dealership!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! You may be the first one to have it on in the country! Aside from the one we built it to that’s back at the dealership!
Awesome! I'm a bit impatient once I figure out what I want and tend to do things pretty quick. It came in yesterday afternoon. Only worked half a day today and the wife was off so I dropped it off this morning. Thanks for making a great product!

GM convert

Reaction score
I’m definitely getting one. I’m torn between which of the two models to buy. I know I definitely don’t want it to sound like a high school kids pos obnoxious truck (yes that’s what they do, it’s fine for them). I guess I’m looking for something that still keeps the class of the Limited but still draws attention to it but not overbearing.

The competition model seems more appealing because of the engineering of the design, not needing fiberglass which can go out over time.

Any thoughts?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m definitely getting one. I’m torn between which of the two models to buy. I know I definitely don’t want it to sound like a high school kids pos obnoxious truck (yes that’s what they do, it’s fine for them). I guess I’m looking for something that still keeps the class of the Limited but still draws attention to it but not overbearing.

The competition model seems more appealing because of the engineering of the design, not needing fiberglass which can go out over time.

Any thoughts?
As I said earlier, loudness is subjective to everybody's own taste and preference. The competitor is loud but in my opinion it isn't over the top obnoxious. You do hear it in the cab, but the drone really isn't bad. I love it. I will say the cold start this morning was pretty loud but it goes down to normal pretty quick. I took a short video and will post it when I get the chance later. The competitor WILL get attention, but I absolutely love the sound of it.

laminad

Reaction score

In your subjective opinion, do you think the competitor would be too loud while towing? i.e. too much cabin noise for normal db level conversation?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In your subjective opinion, do you think the competitor would be too loud while towing? i.e. too much cabin noise for normal db level conversation?
I wouldn't think so, but I don't ever tow anything. I was able to hold a conversation just fine with normal driving, even when I hammer it.

Users who are viewing this thread