5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CARPLAY use phone mic instead of truck mic?

jeffauclair

Reaction score
Everytime I talk to someone while my phone is in Carplay mode, people always have hard time to hear me. I think it use the phone microphone instead of the truck microphone like it does on bluetooth. Am I the only one with this issue?

Funeman

Reaction score
I just checked mine about 15 minutes ago and my calls go through the truck speakers. Sorry I can't be more help.

parnine

Reaction score
My truck does NOT use the phone mic when talking on phone via Carplay - it uses the trucks mics

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
As others have said, vehicle will use the built-in microphone & speakers when utilizing CarPlay or Hands Free Phone.
What phone make/model do you have?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here's document of the handsfree system. It doesn't mention CarPlay but it should be the same principle.
Perhaps there's a short somewhere. Does your microphone work when using BT Handsfree?

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical:8T - Navigation:Telecommunication:Description HANDS FREE PHONE.pdf
    181.4 KB · Views: 7

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I have a 11 pro max. Just figured out that it happen when I am on a bluetooth call and I plug my phone with the cable. It switch to a carplay call and it happen there. must be a little bug issue regarding transition

Users who are viewing this thread